De La Salle High School seeks to challenge its students to serve others, especially the poor, and to deepen a sense of responsibility for humanity’s future.
In keeping with our mission, De La Salle offers a variety of service-oriented activities that enrich our students’ educational experience while meeting real needs in the community. Service learning projects are designed to develop students’ sense of social and personal responsibility, increase their understanding of the conditions that warrant service, and challenge them to recognize their potential as agents of social change.
To Accomplish this Mission, De La Salle is Committed to:
- Provide meaningful service opportunities for students
- Incorporate service learning as an instructional methodology throughout the academic curriculum
- Utilize various methods of reflection
- Support faculty in developing and/or re-designing courses to incorporate service learning
- Cultivate mutual respect with community partners
- Integrate education with social responsibility and action
- Encourage students to actively seek service opportunities
- Challenge students to embrace a lifelong commitment to service
Join us for our next Bone Marrow Donor Registration Drive in memory of Adam Krief and in honor of Baby JJ. Stay tuned for the date. BE SOMEONE'S CURE TODAY!
Dr. Elizabeth Berkes, PhD
Director of Faculty Development
WCEA/WASC Accreditation School Coordinator
Service Learning Coordinator