De La Salle High School encourages all qualified students of any race or religion to apply for admission.
Since we recognize that the tuition may be a significant financial burden for some of our families, De La Salle's Financial Aid Program has been established to provide financial assistance to those families who qualify.
The De La Salle Financial Aid Program is supported by our generous donor base, tuition, and an endowment established to assist those in financial need. This year we were able to provide more than $2.1 million in financial assistance to more than 300 students, which is approximately 29 percent of the students at De La Salle.
Financial Aid Code of Conduct
De La Salle High School, consistent with its mission, administers its Financial Aid Program in accord with the following standards:
- De La Salle High School uses financial aid as a tool to support families in need who are drawn to its mission.
- De La Salle High School provides financial aid on a need basis.
- De La Salle High School determines need through a process that is equitable for all applicants.
- De La Salle High School does not manipulate the financial aid process to the advantage of one applicant over another.
- De La Salle High School does not use financial aid to compete with other tuition-charging schools.
Key Facts About the De La Salle Financial Aid Program:
- Any family may apply.
- One application per family (not per student).
- The PSAS (Private Student Aid Service) form needs to be completed in order to be considered for financial assistance.
- PSAS forms must be completed and submitted each year that you are requesting financial aid. New applications are available December 1.
- PSAS applications may be completed online by clicking "PSAS Financial Aid Form" to the right.
- PSAS forms must be completed on or before February 11, 2013. Please follow the directions on the PSAS form and mail one copy along with the attachments and your check for the processing fee to PSAS, and send one copy with attachments to the School, with "Financial Aid Application" marked on the envelope. Late applications will not be considered during the first granting phase of financial aid grants.
- Financial aid is granted only based upon the financial need of the family and is inclusive of any FACE grants, if applicable.
- Once acceptance of incoming freshmen to De La Salle is determined, letters will be mailed to freshman families notifying them of their De La Salle financial assistance grant.
- Families of returning students will be notified of their 2013- 2014 financial assistance grant when the 2013-2014 tuition contracts are mailed in mid-April 2013.
- Applications for financial aid are reviewed by a Financial Aid Committee.
The Diocesan FACE (Family Aid to Catholic Education) program is also available. Your PSAS application will automatically be considered for the FACE program.
PLEASE NOTE: The Financial Aid Committee is entirely separate from the Admissions Committee. The Admissions Committee has no knowledge of an applicant's financial status nor does it have influence in the financial aid process. The admissions process is not affected by a family's applying for Financial Aid. The awarding of Financial Aid is separate and distinct from the Admissions process. Financial assistance awards are based on the family's financial need.