2018-19: ONLINE APPLICATION ONLY
De La Salle High School encourages all qualified students of any race or religion to apply for admission.
Since we recognize that the tuition may be a significant financial burden for some of our families, De La Salle's Financial Aid Program has been established to provide financial assistance to those families who qualify.
The De La Salle Financial Aid Program is supported by our generous donor base, tuition, and an endowment established to assist those in financial need. For the 2017-2018 school year, we were able to provide more than $2.8 million in financial assistance to more than 307 students, which is approximately 30 percent of the students at De La Salle.
Key Facts About the De La Salle Financial Aid Program:
- Any family may apply.
- One application per family (not per student).
- The FACTS online application must be fully completed and submitted in order to be considered for financial assistance.
- FACTS applications must be completed and submitted each year that you are requesting financial aid. The online application link will be available on our website January 1, 2018.
- FACTS applications may be completed online by clicking "FACTS Financial Aid Application" to the right.
- FACTS Online Applications must be completed and submitted online on or before February 12, 2018 . Priority will be given to on-time applications.
- Computers will be made available for completing the online application at the designated Financial Aid Sessions outlined in the 2018-2019 Financial Aid Timeline.
- Financial aid is granted based solely upon the demonstrated financial need of the family and is inclusive of any FACE and/or ISF grants, if applicable.
- Priority is given to returning students first, then new students with on-time applications, then late applicants.
- Once acceptance of incoming freshmen to De La Salle is determined, letters will be mailed to freshman families notifying them of their De La Salle financial assistance grant. These letters will be mailed on March 16, 2018.
- Families of returning students will be notified of their financial assistance grant when tuition contracts are mailed in mid-April.
- Applications for financial aid are reviewed by a Financial Aid Committee.
- The Oakland Diocese FACE Program (Family Aid - Catholic Education) is also available. Your FACTS application will automatically be considered for the FACE program. Financial aid at De La Salle is inclusive of any grant received from FACE.
Financial Aid Code of Conduct:
- De La Salle High School uses financial aid as a tool to support families in need who are drawn to its mission.
- De La Salle High School provides financial aid on a needs basis only.
- De La Salle High School determines need through a process that is equitable for all applicants.
- De La Salle High School does not manipulate the financial aid process to the advantage of one applicant over another.
- De La Salle High School does not use financial aid to compete with other tuition-charging schools.
De La Salle High School, consistent with its mission, administers its Financial Aid Program in accord with the following standards:
Important InformationImportant Information
- Financial Aid Timeline - English
"Rooted in the Mission of Service to the Poor through Education."
|The Bishop John S. Cummins Scholarship Program enrolls students with significant financial need, giving them access to a Catholic, Lasallian education, the financial means to achieve it, and the tools to fully participate and excel in high school. The Bishop Cummins Scholarship Program is designed for students who demonstrate academic potential and have expressed a strong desire to attend De La Salle High School, but whose families' income is at or below a predetermined percentage of the federal poverty level. Through need-based tuition assistance and financial support, low-income students and their families will be able to fully participate in all of the co-curricular opportunities De La Salle has to offer.|