Freshman Application Information
Application Checklist for the Class of 2022:
- Complete online application and send a photocopy of both the applicant's birth certificate and updated immunization record by Friday, December 1, 2017.
- For Catholic applicants only: a photocopy of the applicant's Baptismal Certificate by Friday, December 1, 2017.
- Application Fee is $100.
- Submit all paperwork and application for Extended Time Testing (only if applicable) by Friday, December 1, 2017.
- Take Entrance Exam (HSPT) at DLS or other Catholic school on Saturday, January 20, 2018 (9:15 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.). (Please notify DLS by Monday, December 4, 2017, if applicant will not be testing at DLS.
- Transcript & Diocesan Recommendation Forms must be received by De La Salle's Director of Admissions by Friday, February 2, 2018. Please submit the Diocesan Forms to applicant's current school.
- Submit Director of Religious Education Recommendation Form (optional) to Admissions Office by Friday, February 2, 2018.
- Notification letters for incoming freshmen will be mailed Friday, March 16, 2018.
- Commitment Deposits are due on Friday, March 23, 2018.
High School Placement Test (HSPT) Sat. Jan. 20, 2018.
The High School Placement Test (HSPT) is required for all 9th grade applicants. The Diocese of Oakland will administer the test at each East Bay Catholic High School on Saturday, January 20, 2018. Applicants must have an application on file at De La Salle to take the test at De La Salle, which will be held on Saturday, January 20, 2018, from 9:15 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Applicants must register via link below.
Parents: Please arrive no later than 9:00 a.m., but not before 8:30 a.m., in front of the school, where you will find an alphabetical list with the applicant's legal name as it appears on his birth certificate and the room number where he will take the test. Parents will receive a copy of their child's Performance Profile/Student Score Report via email on March 17, 2018.
Register for the HSPT at: http://Oakland.stsusers.com. Registration for the test will close on Wednesday, January 10, 2018.
Students: After locating your name and room number where you will be taking the test, please proceed to that room. Current DLS students will be on hand to help you find your room. Bring at least two #2 pencils to the test. Calculators are not allowed for this test.
If your son is planning to take the Entrance Test at a different school, you must inform De La Salle by Monday, December 4, 2017.
Please note: There will be NO exam day registration.