Welcome to the De La Salle High School admissions page. Here you will find all the information necessary for prospective students who seek to gain admission to De La Salle.
Our Mission Statement and Expected Schoolwide Learning Results speak to our commitment to diversity. We believe that diversity enriches our community and encourages our students to work together to build an environment of trust, acceptance, and brotherhood that will extend to their home communities.
Criteria for Admissions
De La Salle High School is committed to seeking qualified students from diverse backgrounds. Admission to DLS is competitive. Approximately 500 students apply each year for the 250+ openings in the freshman class.
De La Salle does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, or national or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, financial assistance programs, or in any of its athletics and other school-administered programs. De La Salle's commitment to diversity can be seen in the student population where approximately one-third of the current enrollment are students of color. A prospective De La Salle student should:
- Recognize and respect the dignity and diversity of others.
- Understand the world as a global community and how he fits into it.
- Value community and demonstrate active participation within the school community.
- Indicate the ability to achieve academically.
- Receive strong recommendations from his current principals and teachers.
CLICK on the
icon at right
for an 8-page BROCHURE.