PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
- Math Placement Tests: Tuesday, May 16, 2017; (3:15 – 4:15 PM).
- Spanish II Placement Test: Wednesday, May 17, 2017; (3:15 – 4:15 PM).
- Site for both tests: De La Salle’s Hofmann Student Center. Please DO NOT plan to arrive on Campus before 3:00 PM for either Test.
On the date listed above, please bring at least two pencils. Calculators WILL be allowed.
These Math Tests will only be given on the above date.
On the above test day, students must present the completed “Incoming Frosh Math Test Recommendation Form” (enclosed) signed by the student’s current Math teacher. Students will not be allowed to take the exam without this completed document. BRING IT ON THE TEST DAY!
Students currently enrolled in Geometry will take the Geometry Competency Test and must also take an Algebra Competency Test at DLS on Tuesday, May 30 (3:15-4:15) in Room 402 to determine appropriate placement.
All other students will be placed in either Algebra 1 or Honors Algebra 1 based upon their Entrance Exam scores, transcripts, and teacher recommendations. Please note that students DO NOT NEED TO SIT FOR ANY ADDITIONAL TESTING for placement in Algebra 1 or Honors Algebra 1.
For all questions about Math placement, please contact Mr. Scott Hirsch, department chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Math Placement Exam” in the subject line of your email.
- Re: Math Placement Tests: these tests are only for current Algebra 1 students seeking placement in Geometry or those currently taking Geometry seeking placement in Algebra 2.
- There is no “Pre-Registration” for either of these Math tests.
Re: Spanish II Placement Test: for current Spanish I students seeking placement in Spanish II.
There is no need to “Pre-Register” for this test.
On the date listed above, please bring at least two pencils.
This test will only be given on the date specified above.
Students seeking placement in Spanish for Heritage Speakers must come for a brief interview on Wednesday, May 17 between 3:15 and 4:15 at De La Salle in the Hofmann Center.
Please contact Mrs. Kelly Gardner, department chair, at email@example.com with any questions and to confirm the interview time. Include “Spanish II Placement Test” in the subject line of your email.