The Learning Center Food and Drink Policy seeks to balance the comfort and convenience of LC users with the need to protect and preserve the LC and De La Salle resources.
LC Staff reserves the right to ask anyone to relocate, remove, or dispose of food and drink in case of complaints or if found to be in violation of this policy.
Failing to cooperate with LC Staff or DLS employees regarding food and drink and/or failing to comply with posted policies constitutes a violation of the Learning Center Use & Conduct Policy.
Food and drink are permitted in most spaces of LC building within the following guidelines. Areas with more restrictive policies are noted below.
All Learning Center users are expected to:
Be considerate of others using the LC.
- Do not consume smelly, messy, or noisy food in spaces where it will interfere with others' use of the LC.
- Clean up any trash, crumbs, and small spills when finished.
Be respectful of LC textbooks, school equipment, and furnishings.
- Take care with food and drink around books and other LC materials, computers, equipment, carpets, and furniture.
- Make sure hands and surfaces are clean when handling LC materials.
Be responsible with food and drink in the Learning Center.
- Use covered, spill-proof containers when possible.
- Properly dispose of trash and leftovers.
Report larger spills, accidents, or damage immediately to LC staff.
Areas where more restrictive policies are in place:
- Testing and Desktop Carousels: No food or drink.
- Conference Rooms: Covered drinks only.
- Room 408 Instructional Classroom: Covered drinks only.
- Near copy machine or printers: No food or drink.
- Follow any posted policies in the area you are using.
- Delivery to Learning Center (e.g., pizza delivery), excessive quantities of food or drink, large group meals, are for LC kitchen only.