Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
On March 25 the Contra Costa County Office of Education (CCCOE), along with the Contra Costa Health Services (CCSH) office, announced that Bay Area schools will remain closed through May 1st. With the local government's announcement of the new closure dates, De La Salle's Flexible Learning Plan, via Schoology, will now run from March 17 through May 1. On-campus classes are now scheduled to resume on Monday, May 4.
Assuming students are well, the expectation is that they continue to work/study online. If students are sick, parents are still required to call into the school’s attendance line at 925-288-8222.
Spring Break has been extended to two weeks, starting on April 4 through April 19. De La Salle's Flexible Learning Plan will resume on Monday, April 20 through Friday, May 1.
We have created time/space for students to engage with each of their classes/teachers at an assigned day and time. Students will be held accountable for keeping up with their coursework, and everything will be channeled through Schoology.
Please note that this is uncharted territory - but this is your learning and your education. We are relying on students to be active and communicative to get the most out of this time that they can.
Please reference the Student Guidelines for Instructional Continuity (updated version with new schedule coming soon) for complete details.
We have also received some responses from faculty members, students, and parents regarding De La Salle's virtual online learning program. Click here to read the responses we have received so far. If you would like to provide your thoughts about the school's Flexible Learning Plan, please email the school at DLSCommunications@dlshs.org.
Our sincere thoughts and prayers go out to everyone affected by the outbreak of the coronavirus known as COVID–19. In an effort to keep our community safe and informed, we are sharing the very latest information about how COVID–19 is affecting the De La Salle community.
We thank you for your continued patience and understanding during this challenging time. As the situation progresses, updates will be available here and will be shared via email as well. Should you have specific questions that are not noted below, please email us at email@example.com.
- March 26 - Message to the Class of 2020
- March 25 - From the President, Online Learning Extended to May 1
- March 20 - Letter from the President Regarding 2020-21 Tuition
- March 19 - Letter from the Vice President for Academic Life
- March 16 - President's Message
- March 13 - Campus Closure, Move to Flexible Learning Plan
- March 10 - Letter from the President's Cabinet
- March 5 - From the Spartan Spotlight
- February 27 - Letter From the President's Cabinet
- February 6 - From the Spartan Spotlight Newsletter
March 17 - Online Learning begins
March 20 - No classes; Faculty/Staff PD Day
April 3 - Last day of Online Learning
April 4 - Spring Break begins
April 20 - Online Learning resumes
Campus Events and Activities
- March 15 - Mother/Son Liturgy and Brunch has been postponed until May 17.
- March 25-27 - Karios 128 has been postponed until April 22-24.
- March 26-April 4 - Company's presentation of Guys and Dolls has been postponed.
- All De La Salle athletic activities, including competitions and practices, have been suspended until further notice.
Public Health Resources
U.S. Center for Disease Control (CDC)
Links to Additional Information
Coronavirus (COVID-19) FAQs