Here are the answers to some of the common questions we receive at De La Salle. Please take a moment to review the responses or follow the appropriate links for the most updated information.
If you still have questions, please call the Main Office at (925) 288-8100 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How do I find out what the schedule is for today? How do I know if it's formal attire?
- What do I need to do if my son is sick or has a doctor's appointment?
- How do I get in touch with my son's teacher? How do I schedule a meeting with the VP for Academic Life?
- What is the DLS device/technology policy?
- What should my son do if he forgets his locker combination?
- How do I find out about parking and transportation?
The Master Calendar contains all of the information about special schedules and liturgy days. It is the most up-to-date resource for daily schedule changes.
We have a sub-page for the Regular Bell Schedule and Special Schedules. Special schedules will show if liturgy attire is required or not. Students are also reminded frequently of special schedules and dress code through announcements, Schoology posts, and reminders from the Deans. Please review the "Grooming and Appearance" section in the Student-Parent Handbook for more details on the dress code.
For quick reference, the calendar can be found under the Quicklinks tab at the top of every page.
Students can email or message teachers through PowerSchool, Schoology, or their Google account. Teacher's emails are last namefirst email@example.com. (ex: Mary Jones would be JonesM@dlshs.org).
Freshmen and transfer students will learn how to use these accounts at Tech Boot Camp, which will be held on August 8, 9, 11 & 12, 2019. Follow the provided link for more information about De La Salle Technology Resources.
Before setting up a meeting with Dr. Heather Alumbaugh (VP for Academic Life) or with Mrs. Lillian Dickson (Director of Academic Services), we ask that you and/or your student (depending on the situation) speak directly with the teacher first. We will ask if that has been done prior to scheduling an appointment.
If you would like to set up an appointment, please email Mrs. Dee Turrin at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at (925) 288-8115.
We have an extensive policy regarding device use - what's allowed, what's recommended, and what's prohibited.
We recommend you visiting our Education Technology page as it has information for your son as well as resources for parents.
*Please note: Carondelet has their own device use policy. We suggest that you familiarize yourself with their rules should your son have a class there.
Student locker information is inside PowerSchool at the bottom of the "Grades and Attendance" page. Students will also receive their locker information when they pick up their books at the start of the school year. Students enrolled in PE will get a gym locker. Lockers for athletes are limited by season of sport.
- Applications for the 2019-20 year are due by June 30. Late applications will be considered after those who submitted their information on time.
- Permits cost $100 (due by June 30), and the student must turn in a copy of his driver's license.
- Priority is given to Seniors on campus.
- Overflow parking for Seniors/Juniors is available at the Church of the Latter Day Saints on Treat Blvd. and is allocated by lottery.
- Sophomores are not permitted to park on campus or at overflow site.
- Abuse of assigned parking may result in loss of privilege and vehicles being towed.
- What do we - parents and students - need to do to prepare for the start of the school year?
- What is the summer reading?
We have an extensive checklist to help families get organized before the start of the school year. Published every July, this list includes required and informational material - ranging in topics from academics, athletics, student support, and much more. If certain steps aren't completed by August 2, 2019, students will not be able to pick up their textbooks or attend the Mandatory Orientation Day on August 12.
The 2019 Summer Checklist will be available in mid July.