De La Salle High School
Drive Through & Virtual Graduation 2020
Sunday, August 2, 2020
De La Salle High School | 9:00 AM
We have a few updates regarding the De La Salle High School Drive Through Graduation on Sunday, August 2nd from 9 to 11 a.m.
As we did for the Senior Send-Off back in May, we will be splitting up the class by last name. Please arrive at the campus during your scheduled time:
A-D: 9:00-9:30 a.m.
E-K: 9:30-10:00 a.m.
L-R: 10:00-10:30 a.m.
S-Z: 10:30-11:00 a.m.
As each student drives onto campus, we ask them to do the following:
- Cap and Gown. We ask that all seniors wear their cap and gown for the Drive Through Graduation.
- Name Placard in Vehicle. We are providing name placards for each student in the Class of 2020. We ask that families print their placard and place it on the passenger side of the vehicle windshield. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD PLACARD FILE
- Receipt of Diploma and Awards. The student only will be asked to step out of their vehicle upon arrival in front of the Administration Building to receive his diploma, a commencement program, and any senior award that has been earned.
- Pictures. After receiving your graduation packet, the student should return to their vehicle and drive around the Hofmann Center where he, along with two family members, can get out of the car and to have their picture taken.
Note: De La Salle will have professional photographers from Studio One on campus to take pictures at both locations. These pictures will be made available to families once they are available.
- We ask that all students and families follow all county COVID-19 safety guidelines.
- While on campus, parents/family members will only be allowed to leave their vehicles for the family photo.
- When out of their vehicles, students and parents MUST wear a mask.
If you cannot make the Drive Through Graduation on August 2nd, we will mail your son’s diploma, commencement program, and any awards the following week. Yearbooks (delayed in production due to COVID-19) and a DVD of the virtual graduation will be distributed in mid-August.
August 1st will be our Baccalaureate Mass
Although we are unable to celebrate together in person, the Baccalaureate Mass will be virtual service and will be available on the De La Salle website (www.DLSHS.org) as a news story on Saturday, August 1st at 5:00 p.m. (Vigil Mass for Sunday, August 2nd).
August 2nd will be our Commencement for the Class of 2020
The virtual Class of 2020 Commencement Ceremony will feature addresses by our Valedictorian, Cameron Katz, and Salutatorian, William Milosevich, as well as highlight all of our Senior Award recipients. All members of the Class of 2020 will be featured virtually with their Senior Portrait. The virtual graduation ceremony will be available on the De La Salle website (www.DLSHS.org) as a news story on Sunday, August 2nd at 12:00 p.m.
We appreciate your patience as our planning and response to the pandemic and local conditions have been shifting by the day. We look forward to seeing many of you on Sunday, August 2nd!