Parent Technology Resources
It's no great revelation. Technology has opened doors to students in a way that previous generations could only dream of having. Instead of searching through card catalogs, students can ask Siri or Alexa to look up information on their behalf.
Learning with and through technology provides a lot of wonderful opportunities for innovation, creativity, and more. Technology can engage, expand, and supplement student learning across the curriculum - when done properly. But, there are also many more dangers that students face through technology.
This page is designed to provide some resources, suggestions, and tools to help parents and guardians navigate through technology in a responsible way.
- What is the school's device policy?
- What is the school's learning management system (LMS), and can a parent have access?
- What type of laptop should my son have?
- Why can't students use a smartphone or tablet?
- What are some tech tools that my student and I can use?
- Does DLS provide software or licenses for students?
- What if my son does not have access to a laptop?