De La Salle is unique in that parents do not have to meet a minimum requirement for volunteer hours. We know that, when we need help, our parents step up to volunteer
The Parent Association co-hosts the following Family Class Events with the President's Cabinet and Campus Ministry:
- New Student/Parent Welcome and BBQ (coordinated by Sophomore parent volunteers)
- Sophomore Class Liturgy and Dinner (coordinated by Freshman parent volunteers)
- Junior Mass of Unity (Ring and Gift Ceremony) (coordinated by Senior parent volunteers)
- Senior Mother and Son Liturgy & Brunch (coordinated by Junior parent volunteers)
Parents might also be asked to volunteer at these events for the Academic, Alumni, and Campus Life teams:
- Athletic Department: Support for various games and events.
- Crab Feed - January 23, 2021: There are so many opportunities the weekend of the Crab Feed, from set-up, to day-of, to clean-up. Please visit our Crab Feed page for more information.
- A Taste of De La Salle - February 18, 2021: This is a delightful evening full of food, wine, and community, with efforts benefiting co-curricular activities. The event features tastings from fine wineries in Napa, Livermore, and Central Valley and delicious food samplings from some of the top restaurants in the area. This event requires volunteers to assist with securing food and wine vendors, registration, day of set up and clean up.
- De La Salle Golf Classic - March 29, 2021: Held at the Diablo Country Club, volunteers are needed to help recruit sponsors and players and to assist with day of event logistics. Over the years, the De La Salle Golf Classic has raised significant funds for financial aid benefiting students in need.
- De La Salle Auction - April 24, 2021: The Kenneth H. Hofmann Student Center will be transformed for a night of dining, dancing, and spirited bidding in support of our school’s premier fundraiser benefiting student programs. This event requires volunteers to assist with decor, logistics, gift acquisition, sponsorship recruitment, and more. Planning will begin in October. There are opportunities for everyone to get involved!
- Dads and Grads: TBA
- End of Year Staff Appreciation Luncheon: TBA
- Field Day: TBA
- Faculty/Staff Luncheons: TBA
- Hospitality: Provide refreshments as requested for various school events such as Back-to-School Night, Open House, etc.
- Instruction: Assist faculty in a variety of projects (Science Fair, clubs, Theatre, etc.) or in the Library.
- P3: Encourage participation in our only Parent Association fundraiser through P3 partners. Click here for more information!
- Senior & Kairos Breakfast: TBA
- Special Events: Assist in celebrations, student activities, phone notifications, etc.
Please contact our Parent Association Volunteer Coordinator, Wendy Abele, if there's something here that catches your eye or if you have further questions about ways in which you can help.
2019-20 De La Salle Volunteer Coordinator: