De La Salle High School seeks to challenge its students to serve others, especially the poor, and to deepen a sense of responsibility for humanity’s future.
In keeping with our mission, De La Salle offers a variety of service-oriented activities that enrich our students’ educational experience while meeting real needs in the community. Service learning projects are designed to develop students’ sense of social and personal responsibility, increase their understanding of the conditions that warrant service, and challenge them to recognize their potential as agents of social change.
To Accomplish this Mission, De La Salle is Committed to:
- Provide meaningful service opportunities for students
- Incorporate service learning as an instructional methodology throughout the academic curriculum
- Utilize various methods of reflection
- Support faculty in developing and/or re-designing courses to incorporate service learning
- Cultivate mutual respect with community partners
- Integrate education with social responsibility and action
- Encourage students to actively seek service opportunities
- Challenge students to embrace a lifelong commitment to service
It's CRUNCH TIME!! The Annual Cereal Drive is here! Join us in fighting hunger in Contra Costa County by donating cereal from September 24, 2018 - October 12, 2018. Students may bring cereal to school, drop it off in the drop-off line before school, or bring it to the DLS Bookstore.
Dr. Elizabeth Berkes, PhD
Director of Faculty Development
WCEA/WASC Accreditation School Coordinator
Director of Service Learning