Welcome to De La Salle High School! Thank you for taking the time to learn more about our school, our scholars, and our community.
Our dedicated group of faculty, staff, and alumni allow us to build an environment of trust, acceptance, and brotherhood. They encourage students to learn what it means to "Enter to Learn" and "Leave to Serve," a Lasallian core tenet visible in the classroom, in our students' neighborhoods throughout the East Bay, and beyond.
The best way to learn more about the Spartan brotherhood and family is to come visit us – through our Open House or Spartan for a Day shadow program.
Our website is designed to help you navigate through the admissions process as well as to show you some of the many activities happening at our school. If you haven't already, we encourage you to follow us on social media to see more day-to-day stories, student profiles, athletic events, and much more.
Wishing you all of the best in your high school search.
We look forward to meeting you,
The De La Salle Admissions Team
- 1. Come visit!
- 2. Familiarize Yourself with Admissions Calendar
- 3. Submit an Application - Due December 7, 2018
- 4. Application Checklist for 9th Grade Applicants
- 5. Apply for Financial Aid (optional)
- 6. Transfer Students
We know how important it is making sure your son has the best possible high school experience. The best way to learn more about the Spartan story is to come to our campus. Here are three ways that you can visit our home here on Winton Drive:
1. Students: Come spend the morning with our students in our Spartan for a Day program. You will be paired with an upperclassman who can answer any question you have and explain why he loves De La Salle so much. Then, you can join him in class and then for a terrific meal in our Hofmann Student Center. Space is limited, so reserve your spot today!
2. Students and Parents: Come to our annual, one-day-only Open House! You can visit all of our classrooms, meet faculty, chat with students, and learn more about the various athletic and co-curricular programs we have. You can also join us for One Night Only, when the Visual and Performing Arts Department provides a behind-the-scenes interactive workshop for prospective Spartan students.
3. Students and Parents: If you would still like to learn more about the school but are unable to attend either of the previous options, contact our Admissions team. We would love to invite you to a tour of the campus.
We have two steps to our admissions process.
1. The first is to submit an admissions inquiry. This step will help us to learn more about you and your student and to reach out to you directly about fun and exciting opportunities on campus. We'll also use this step to help let you know about upcoming Admissions-related events and deadlines.
2. The second step is to apply! Applications are only available online. Families will have a personalized admissions portal that will include reminders, deadlines, and more. We are here to help you along the way.
DE LA SALLE HIGH SCHOOL CLASS OF 2023
(This Checklist applies to Ninth Grade applicants only.)
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Due Friday, December 7, 2018: Application (submitted online).
Due Friday, November 30, 2018: (only if applicable) Application for Extended Time Testing.
Due Friday, February 1, 2019: 7th and 8th grade transcript and the “Secondary Schools of Oakland Diocese” Recommendation Forms. (Please review carefully the instructions found on the “Request for Academic Information and Authorization” Form.)
Optional Form: “Director of Religious Education” Recommendation (Due Feb. 1, 2019)
(Please note: this Recommendation Form is optional).
Entrance Test (HSPT)
Saturday, January 12, 2019
9 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. (arrive no later than 8:45 a.m.)
- Applicants are required to register for the Entrance Test via the application.
- Applicants must have an application on file at De La Salle, to be eligible to take the test at De Le Salle.
- Registration for the Entrance Test will close on Tuesday, January 8, 2019.
- Please notify De La Salle by Monday, Dec. 10, if applicant is NOT testing at De La Salle.
- There will be No Test Day Registration.
- Calculators are NOT allowed for the Math portion of the Entrance Test.
- Please bring two #2 pencils with you to the test.
Admissions Decision Notification mailed:
Thursday, March 21, 2019
Admissions Decision Notification e-mailed:
Friday, March 22, 2019 at 3 p.m.
Commitment Deposit for those accepted will be due:
Friday, March 29, 2019
De La Salle High School accepts a small number of transfer students each year.
The number of available positions is determined at the end of the school year by the administration and is contingent on the current enrollment for each of these classes as well as the enrollment of the entire school. The Administration cannot predict or guarantee open positions for the upcoming school year. Transfer applicants are accepted as soon as space becomes available.
Click Here for more information on transferring to De La Salle.