College Bound Student Athletes
Date: October 4th, 2023
- Learn about the Academic Eligibility requirements to play at Division 1 and Division 2 colleges.
- Verify that you are on track with taking the required core classes and meeting the GPA requirement.
- Mrs. López-Arias, Mrs. Sciacca, and Mr. Schroeder will walk you through the eligibility requirements.
This event will be held via Zoom on October 23rd at 6:30pm.
Visiting College Athletics Panel
- Division 1 - Don Oberhelman - Cal Poly Athletic Director
- Division 2 - Amy Henkelman - Dominican Athletic Director
- Division 3
- NAIA - Karen Yoder - Cal State Maritime Athletic Director
- Junior College - Christine Worsley - Diablo Valley College
Panel Discussion will address the following topics:
• The student-athlete experience
• The types of scholarships available for student-athletes
• The recruiting process for student-athletes
• What student-athletes can do to best prepare for the recruiting process
Your student-athlete experience begins here. On this page, you'll find the tools and information you need to begin your college experience. Explore the links below to learn more about the NCAA, its athletics divisions, its sports, and other information.
- NCAA Eligibility Updates 5/22 - LISTEN - PDF
- NCAA Prospective Student-Athlete Website
- NCAA Eligibility Center
- NCAA Recruiting Fact Sheet
- NCAA Guide for the Student-Bound Athlete
- NCAA DI and DII Initial-Eligibility Brochure
- NCAA DI Academic Requirements Handout
(please note changes for Class of 2021 members entering college in the 2021-2022 school year- no SAT/ACT scores are required; the minimum NCAA Core GPA is 2.3)
- NCAA DII Academic Requirements Handout
(please note changes for the Class of 2021 members entering college in the 2021-2022 school year- no SAT/ACT scores are required; the minimum NCAA Core GPA is 2.2)
- Calculate your NCAA Core GPA
- NCAA COVID Changes FAQs