De La Salle Athletic Media Policies
De La Salle Coach and Student-Athlete Interview Policies
- Interview requests for De La Salle High School coaches and student-athletes should be made through the De La Salle Athletic Department by contacting Derricke Brown, Associate Athletic Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or the De La Salle Communications Office by contacting Rich Davi at email@example.com.
- All De La Salle coach and student-athlete interview requests should be made 48 hours in advance.
- Media members are asked to not contact De La Salle student-athletes directly for interviews.
- When on campus during school hours (7:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.), all members of the media are required to check in with the Main Office to receive a visitor's pass, for the time they will be on campus.
- After receiving the visitor’s pass, the media member will be directed to either Derricke Brown, Rich Davi, or a member of the coaching staff for their interview.
- Should the member of the media organization be on campus after school hours, they must check in with Derricke Brown, Rich Davi, or a member of the coaching staff for their interview.
- A member of the Athletic Department or coaching staff, will coordinate all player interviews, and will be coordinated either before or after practice.
- Team locker rooms are off limits to media representatives at all times.
Practice Media Coverage
- Members of the media may request access to attend practice through the Athletics Department.
- If access is granted, members of the media will have access to the first or last 20 minutes of practice to collect b-roll footage for an interview or story.
- All interview requests will be arranged before the start of, or at the end of, practice.
- Please contact the Athletics Department to make arrangements.
Game Day Media Coverage
- Members of the media wanting to cover a De La Salle home athletic event will need to contact Leo Lopoz, Vice President for Athletics, at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a media credential, and will be required to fill out the De La Salle Athletics Credential Request Form.
- The request will be reviewed and you will receive a response to your request within 72 hours.
- If you do not complete the De La Salle Athletics Credential Requests Form, you will not receive a credential to the selected game.
- De La Salle coaches and student-athletes will not be available for pregame interviews.
- De La Salle coaches and student-athletes will be available to media games approximately 10 minutes after the conclusion of the game.
- The De La Salle locker room is closed to all members of the media on game day.