College Bound Student-Athletes
NCAA Eligibility Workshop
Date: October 5, 2022
Location: STREAM Rm. 504
Time: 8-9 a.m.
- Learn about the Academic Eligibility requirements to play at the Division 1 or 2 Levels.
- Verify that you are on track with taking the required core classes and meeting the GPA requirement.
- Mrs. López-Arias, Mrs. Sciacca, and Mr. Schroeder will walk you through the eligibility requirements.
Student-Athlete College Information Night
This event will be held via Zoom on October 24, 2022 at 6:30 pm.
Visiting College Athletics Panel
- Division 1 - Kyle Eisenmann - University of Arizona - Associate Director of Athletics, Compliance
- Division 2 - Kirby Garry - Cal State Monterey Bay - Athletic Director
- Division 3 - Holly Roepke - Cal Lutheran - Athletic Director
- NAIA - Keith Spataro - Menlo College - Athletic Director
- Junior College - John Vlahos - West Valley College - Athletic Director
Panel Discussion to address the following topics:
• The student-athlete experience
• The types of scholarships available for student-athletes
• The recruiting process for student-athletes
• What student-athletes can do to best prepare for the recruiting process
Link to event on our YouTube channel
What Every Spartan Athlete Should Know
Your student-athlete experience begins here. At this site, you'll find the tools and information you need to begin your college experience. Explore this site to learn more about the NCAA, its athletics divisions, its sports and other information.
- NCAA Eligibility Updates 5/22 - LISTEN - PDF
- NCAA Prospective Student-Athlete Website
- NCAA Eligibility Center
- NCAA Recruiting Fact Sheet
- NCAA Guide for the Student-Bound Athlete
- NCAA DI and DII Initial-Eligibility Brochure
- NCAA DI Academic Requirements Handout
(please note changes for Class of 2021 members entering college in the 2021-2022 school year- no SAT/ACT scores are required; the minimum NCAA Core GPA is 2.3)
- NCAA DII Academic Requirements Handout
(please note changes for the Class of 2021 members entering college in the 2021-2022 school year- no SAT/ACT scores are required; the minimum NCAA Core GPA is 2.2)
- Calculate your NCAA Core GPA
- NCAA COVID Changes FAQs