Spotlight on Athletics
I wanted to take a moment to update our student-athletes on the current situation in regards to the current postponement sports.
As had been announced previously, the governing bodies of rugby and ice hockey unfortunately have been forced to cancel the season for this spring.
There are several local, regional, and state meetings this week to discuss the current situation in CIF sports. Yesterday, the league commissioners from the North Coast Section met. The input will be shared with many across the state in hopes of gathering as much feedback from leaders across our section.
Today, the East Bay Athletic League have a meeting to discuss what options remain for the spring season at the local level. Tomorrow, the CIF will meet with all of the section commissioners from around the state to discuss the next steps in regards to CIF state championships.
Ultimately the goal is to have some sort of spring season and know that everyone will do everything they can within their power to create some sort of spring competition. As soon as we are able to share updated information, I will do so through the different communication channels of De La Salle athletics.
Live Jesus in our Hearts
Director of Athletics
Videos from De La Salle Athletic Alumni
Click the individual's name to video their message to Spartan students.
De La Salle High School Athletic Media Policies
De La Salle Coach and Student-Athlete Interview Policies
- Interview requests for De La Salle High School coaches and student-athletes should be made through the De La Salle Athletic Department by contacting Derricke Brown, Associate Athletic Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or the De La Salle Communications Office by contacting Rich Davi at email@example.com.
- All De La Salle coach and student-athlete interview requests should be made 72 hours in advance.
- Media members are asked to not contact De La Salle student-athletes directly for interviews.
- When on campus during school hours (7:30 a.m. – 3:45 p.m.), all members of the media are required to check in with the Main Office to receive a visitors pass, for the time they will be on campus.
- After receiving the visitor pass, the media member will be directed to either Derricke Brown, Rich Davi, or a member of the coaching staff for their interview.
- Should the member of the media organization be on campus after school hours, they must check in with Derricke Brown, Rich Davi, or a member of the coaching staff for their interview.
- A member of the Athletic Department or coaching staff, will coordinate all player interviews, and will be coordinated either before or after practice.
- Team locker rooms are off limits to media representatives at all times.
Practice Media Coverage
- Members of the media may request access to attend practice through the Athletics Department.
- Members of the media will have access to the last or first 20 minutes of practice to collect b-roll footage, for an interview or story.
- All interview requests will be arranged at the end of/or before the start of practice.
- Please contact the Athletics Department to make arrangements.
Game Day Media Coverage
- Members of the media wanting to cover a De La Salle home athletic events will need to contact Leo Lopoz, Vice President for Athletics, at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a media credential, and will be required to fill out the De La Salle Athletics Credential Request Form.
- The request will be reviewed and you will receive a response to your request within 72 hours.
- If you do not complete the De La Salle Athletics Credential Requests Form, you will not receive a credential for access to the selected game.
- De La Salle coaches and student-athletes will not be available for pregame interviews.
- De La Salle coaches and student-athletes will be available to media games approximately 10 minutes after the conclusion of the game.
- The De La Salle locker room is closed to all members of the media on game day.